Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm back baby!

Well, back from a whirlwind 24 hours on the ground in DC.

Couple of notes:

1) What kind of hotel doesn't have a vending machine? Why, a hotel which has a minibar with $3.50 bottles of Avian... Now this isn't a problem, as you can just decline the minibar key. But these insidious bastards also had out a snack basket, filled with bags of pretzels, chips and assorted snacky goodies... And, yes, these are $3.50 too.

2) What kind of hotel doesn't have a complimentary continental breakfast? Why, a hotel which charges $11.50 for the Continental Breakfast in their wickedly overpriced restaurant. Look, I'm sure the muffins were delightful, but I couldn't in good conscience each twelve bucks worth of muffins and then get on a plane later in the day. That would be bad. Particularly on the DC to Boston run, where you have a window of about four minutes and 23 seconds to hit the head inbetween the vomitous patches of turbulance necessitating keeping the seatbelt light on the entire flight.

3) And regarding airlines, does anyone else get alittle worried when the nice, shiny jet you're about to get on is wheeled away from your gate and an older, slightly dented plane with two the wrong color scheme and from an airline you thought went out of business fifteen years ago rolls up in its place? Okay, it's not just me...

4) The federal government does not pay for booze at receptions. Important to know.

5) The Woodley Park area of Washington does not have the most active nightlife,... Well, unless you want to go skulking through Rock Creek Park to look for Chandra Levy's killer. I took a pass on that and watched some documentary on the History channel about high-speed trains... (Whee! Look at me, the swinging bachelor in DC!!)

6) I can't sleep in hotel beds. Particularly if my wife is not there to steal my covers so I don't get too hot. And even though the lack of a cat in my DC hotel room provided opportunity to sleep beyond 4:30am, I was still up and wired for my day by 5:50... damn...

Okay, gotta go get ready to go to work. Perhaps they'll be some pictures when Blogger stops being so fussy. Maybe not. Dunno, have to see if I took any without the hookers.... err... New Friends I met in DC..

3 comments:

ellen said...

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Lana said...

OH DC sounds like fun.
Hey I don't used my Life my way blog much anymore. My main pride and Joy is http://bozettetc.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

Damn minibars..they're temptation in a baby bottle..lol