Sunday, December 31, 2006

Missed me?

No?, well screw you very much...

Well, been a busy eleven days, what with hat trick of Christmas, New Year's, and the impending implosion of my professional career...

Oh, don't cry for me, Argentina. Something will come up, it always does...

Anyway, on to important stuff: Gino, that purveyor of Iranian beauties, has tagged me. Well, hi-di-ho, something to do.

Here be the tag rules, according to Mr. Badger:

1. Players start by listing three things he/she got for Christmas.

2. Then they list three things he/she definitely did not want to get for Christmas.

3. Then he/she tags five friends and lists their names.

4. The ones who get tagged write on their blogs about their Christmas wishes, and state the rules clearly.

5. Then tag five more victims. The tagger needs to leave the taggees a comment that says you have been Christmas tagged! and tell them to read the tagger's blog.

Okay, I'm game.

First, what three things I got for Christmas.



1) The Dork Three Pack. This booty was the haul from The Jones Intergenerational Christmas Party two days before Christmas. Motherdear got me "The Earth is Flat" by Thomas Friedman, and Brothergoodson found the latest additions to my burgeoning Dr. Who DVD collection.


2) Railroad Tycoon 3. Absolutely addicting. I think these Tycoon and Sim games so appeal to us bureaucrats (egads, now I'm identifying myself as a bureaucrat..) because the world therein is rational, understandable, and manageable. Which is totally and completely unlike the real world we inhabit. Oh, and you don't have to go through four years of environmental permitting to cross a river.



3) My new garment bag. Will come in handy carrying my clothes around when we lose the house because I'm unemployed. Will double as a shelter in the rain and snow...

Three Things I definitely DID NOT want for Christmas:

Well, that would be ungrateful, wouldn't it? I loved everything I got. But, we are slaves to the meme, so:



1. James Brown dropped dead. Godfather of Soul, Hardest Working Man in Showbusiness, is an ex-entertainer. Ripping it up with the Choir Invisible. Of course, I wasn't too much of a JB fan, but, c'mon, the guy made Rocky IV. And it gives me an excuse to post a YouTube of Weird Al's "Living With a Hernia" -- which was on one of the Weird Al CD's we Santa got The Boy for Christmas.

2) I'm glad I didn't get a cold this Christmas. Usually the running around and madness of the holiday season leaves me with a low-grade cold; not enough to shut down and stay in bed for three days, but a little more than enough to make the commute and eight hours of work a chore and a half...

3) I'm really glad I didn't get another sweater. I hate sweaters. Plus, as I evolve into the next phase of human development -- the Buman, part Bear, part Human (hairy and fat), sweaters are redundant at best.

Okay, there. Fufilled my blog duties. Now, on to tag five of you.... Hmm... Alright, Mossy, Penny, Duff, MD, and The Gypsy, since she's gone blog MIA for a while, and even if she doesn't do it it's worth it zipping over to her site to see the Indian version of thriller in her "V" post.

Well, I've gotta split to get ready for the baccahanal New Year's Eve party now, but I promise a post tomorrow - no more disappearances.... Until Thursday (details to come)... (Ooo! How's that for a tease?!?)

7 comments:

Kara said...

that's why politics suck...there are term limits..lol. my boss's office is up in 2008. I shudder to think of the possible replacements. Thank God im career service and not exempt..blah. Happy new years anyways, i'm sure there are bigger and better opportunities looming...or on the horizon...because saying "looming" makes it sound like Godzilla, who was never very good for the environment and i imagine had bad breath...

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I never mentioned it before - but I'm sorry you lost your job. I'm assuming you're a casualty of the Republican cleansing that took place last month?

Good luck to you in 2007 Kal - and if you can... have a Happy New Year!!!

Gino said...

its good to know at least one of my five is willing to play 'tag'.
nice post, kal.

and i hope the coming year lands you an even better job.

Avitable said...

Several points:

1. I'm a Guman (Gorilla/Human)

2. Weird Al is a God.

3. Which Dr. Who is that? The current seasons airing on BBC? Have you checked those out at all? They've been great.

4. Don't forget to see my dance video that is being posted tomorrow and vote for me.

5. Happy new year! I'm sure you'll be fine, and if not, you guys can move down to Florida and live in my guesthouse. Right now, it's just a shed, but with this weather, that's all you need!

Kal said...

KM: My guy wasn't term limited, he decided not to run (but maybe you'll get a chance to vote for him in '08, he'll probably be announcing a Presidential run this week...)

It's not a done deal that I'm leaving my new place, but I've got a reasonable offer to leave the bosom of Mama State and after 13 years it may be time...

HM: Thanks. Yup, Kerry Healey, Mass' Lt. Governor who was running for Governor, was in part a victim of the Anti-Bush tsunami. But to be fair, the Repubs had been in control of the Governor's office for 16 years, so perhaps it's time to give someone else a chance...

Gino: Thanks, I think it will, but just have to wait for the details to get ironed out.

Avi: I'm waiting for the live action dance video. And the two episodes are from the Tom Baker years, "Genesis of the Daleks" and "The Hand of Terror", or something like that -- too tired to look them up at the moment.

I haven't seen any of the latest seasons, but I'm looking forward to picking them up on DVD.

MD: Love ya. Don't worry, everything will work out fine.

ellen said...

Kal, you're a hoot. Blog on, baby.

Aurelius said...

Maybe you can throw me some tips?