Monday, January 22, 2007

There, I feel better..

After last night had to get some aggression out of my system.

Look, no whining here about the phantom roughing the passer call, or the non-pass interference call in the end zone which would've given the Patsies first and goal from the one yard line. None of that here. Anytime your team can't hold a 21-3 lead with three minutes left in the first half, well, you deserve to lose the game.

But... I'll be rooting for the Bears in two weeks. Not because I'm sore the Colts beat the Pats, heck, even the Red Sox eventually beat the Yankees, these things happen. But because I'm worried about that guy in the Enterprise car ads who rents a decent car for his high school reunion, you know, "Moose". What's going to happen if Manning actually wins a Superbowl? He's already on 37.8% of the advertising shown on television (ramped up to 87.6% during the playoffs). If he actually won, there'd be no work for anyone else in advertising. What would the Geico cavemen do?

And, to top it off, he's apparently an ingrate. According to SI.com's Peter King, Manning's been playing silent with the media:

The words cut and sting, and I'm sure one of the reasons Manning has cut out almost all of his one-on-one TV interviews this season is because during almost every one of them in the last couple of years, if the TV person is doing his/her job, the question about not winning a National Championship or Super Bowl is asked. And so why should Manning subject himself to weekly reminders of the pain? I totally understand his refusal to deal with the the amiable but persistent grilling."
But he's okay subjecting me to fourteen ads per hour of television? Well, screw him.

So, my fellow football fans, unite behind the underdog Chicago Bears and maybe, just maybe, we'll regain our airwaves from the dorky "6 foot five, two hundred fifty pound quarterback(s) with laser canon arms"...

Gack.

5 comments:

Gino said...

i know indy is heavily favored, but i think da bears are easily underated as well.

come on...
the saints were so much better, they were supposed to win in CHICAGO?!?!?!?!
instead, it was katrina all over again... with snow.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I know what you'll be doing tomorrow. Me too. Should be a good game!!!

Penny said...

hullo? Knock knock?

are you blogging or what?

geeze some people

Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

Kara said...

Good Lord! Isn't football season over (snore) yet?? sorry, the word 'FOOTBALL' tends to put me into a coma....